Like Siblings Split At Birth
To Be Fleshed Out
- Local space travel, no warp travel due to no gellar field, higher technology than most of imperium, robots and limited AI in open and common use.
- There was no war with the robots here, it was too cut off. However, due to the isolation of this area it was never considered a priority – they knew there was some kind of a war happening but not what it was. They sensibly decided not to get involved, as they could see star systems being obliterated through their radio telescopes.
- As a result, they ceased use of the warp-capable vessels, wanting to avoid drawing attention. The devices were disassembled and stored until the war was over. However the war lasted a little longer than forseen and by the time it was considered safe, nobody could figure out how to reassemble a gellar field or how they actually worked (and those that used to be able to were dead). The other components were simple enough, and it is theorised that only an individual with a deep connection to Warpspace could re-invent it. But no matter how they tried, nobody emerged with the right combination of sophisticated engineering and physics background and magical power.
- As with most magical programs, this was eventually absorbed into the Mental Health Protection Authority (which is seen by most as a dualistic organisation – part KGB part NHS) and has quietly removed itself from public view.
- Posture of enlightened atheism, daemons (except for among academic circles who have managed to look into the warp or seen recordings) and gods consigned to myth and folklore including tales of humanity’s past
- Magic exists and is studied scientifically, but the relative lack of temptation to go wild due to well popularised knowledge of becoming bestial and dying being result. Powerful psykers are removed at birth for experimentation due to risk to general public. Magic relies on opening portals to another higher energy dimension and channelling it.